Good afternoon! Sorry for the lack of updates last week, things are still kind of hectic around here. Good news is that my eye is totally healed, so I am no longer a Kimono Pirate. I did keep the eyepatch though, it was too cool to throw out ;)
I haven’t had time to dress up or do much since last Monday, but earlier in the month I made a series of resolutions for 2011 relating to kimono and kitsuke and I’ve decided to post them here so I can keep track of them and then come back and review this post to see how I did. I’ve also added a few items and notes to my original list.
Kimono Resolutions for 2011
- Finish more of my DIY projects. No more cutting things up unless I actually have the motivation to sew them!
- Lose 15 lbs because my older kimono have gotten snug around the hips.
- Wear kimono out more often. Stop looking for “reasons” and just wear one because I love them.
- Stop buying things just because they’re “pretty cute” and “a good price” and focus more on buying things that are truly special and amazing.
- Refinish the beautiful Art-Deco armoire I’m getting and use it for storage.
- Catalogue and detail items as soon as I get them, rather than letting things pile up and then getting overwhelmed by having “too much to do!”
So far I have lost five pounds (thank you stomach flu?), gotten all the pieces I need to turn an old, damaged obi into a shiny new pre-tied one, and purchased one incredibly epic and special kimono that was absolutely worth the investment. It’s not in my grubby little hands yet, but you can rest assured that as soon as I get it, I will be posting about it. In the meantime, here’s a small teaser to tide you over.
So have you made any resolutions about kimono, or any other hobbies you may have? Do you think you will stick to them?