When I started this site, my plan was primarily to catalogue my collection and share coordinations with you all. But as time has passed, things have grown exponentially and it seems like the most often-visited pages are things like the glossary and list of kanji and kana search terms. I thought it would be a good idea to collect all the knowledge posts and reference spreadsheets in one easy place!
- Kanji & Kana search term spreadsheet
- Time/Place/Occasion spreadsheet (in progress)
- Kimono & Obi compatibility spreadsheet (in progress)
- Types of Kimono knowledge-post
- Types of Obi knowledge-post
And here are some other useful posts. Not so vital that I felt the need to add them to the drop-down but they’re still good references for anyone learning the ropes.
- When is a kimono not a kimono?: A breakdown of tourist kimono, bathrobes, and other items often lumped in with kimono.
- Kimono Outfit Inspiration Generator: A script to give you jumping-off points to make a coordination.
- “Iki, wabi-sabi, what now?” – The language of Japanese aesthetics: Explanation of terms used to describe distinctly Japanese aesthetics and styles.